Operating a legal department in which lawyers and business leaders collaborate productively throughout the organization is no small feat. To support this effort, members of the legal operations team must excel at communications and must know how to bring people together. They foster a sense of shared ownership in all legal projects. And they learn what challenges and opportunities are facing other teams, business units, and departments throughout the enterprise. An impactful legal operations team fosters collaboration with those non-legal departments in the organization, and in turn, gains visibility and credibility within the company.
As a result, legal teams are constantly seeking ways to better manage their legal issues and efficiently communicate with their internal and external teams. They know that sharing information is critical to streamlining the management of complex and often disparate matters. Collaborative technology, like Acuity ELM, makes it possible for those departments to share pertinent data with outside law firms in one single secure environment.
So, How Does Collaborative Technology Help Legal Ops Teams?
Collaborative software and technologies, like Acuity ELM, provide a secure, centralized environment for instant communication and resource sharing among legal ops and outside teams across the world.
The benefits of collaborative technology are many:
- Provides greater efficiency and less duplicated effort.
- Provides access to valuable resources and lowers costs by sharing those resources.
- Improves coordination and communication between legal ops departments and outside counsel.
- Provides greater innovation and flexibility to respond to changes throughout a matter or project.
- Provides access to up-to-date information, trial dates, important hearings, due dates, depositions, etc.
- Provides improved capacity to demonstrate and share best practices.
At Acuity ELM, we’ve built the Acuity Collaboration Network, a system for our clients to share strategies, research parties, witnesses, opposing counsel, retrieve related documents and much more. This powerful multi-layered network enables managers to leverage the expertise of their entire legal team. Clients and counsel can share information on a case-specific level, a client-team level, a multiple defendant or joint defense level or even on an industry level.
Book a demo to see how Acuity’s collaborative tools help legal ops departments.